This is safe to use as a spray for the room or for the parent’s clothing – NOT to spray on the child. *See cautions below
ENJOY!! I found that it worked very well in my lesson this morning!
CALM~HAPPY~SAFE for children 1 year and older
2 oz. glass spray bottle with water and small amount aloe or vitamin E as a carrier
Lemon 5 drops
Sweet Orange 10 drops
Chamomile 2 drops
Rose 2 drops
Lavender 6 drops
Sandal 4 drops
Some Simple Cautions:
* Some oils are not recommended to be used in the vicinity of children – these are all safe oils.
*To be especially careful – spray a small amount on a piece of cloth that can be removed from the room. I have never found this necessary with these oils, but this would make it easy to remove in case of an allergic response.
*Don’t try this with children who have a history of severe allergies.
* Keep this bottle out of sight and out of reach of children
* Store away from heat and light and air (Heat changes the chemistry and oxidized oils can become harsh)
* Do not apply undiluted essential oils to the skin of children.
* Never apply pure essential oils to your own skin without dilution into a carrier oil.
Try it and let me know how you like it!
Also, look for further posts on safe oil blends for kids.
I am an ABM for Children(sm) (with special needs) practitioner in Gainesville, FL since Anat’s first ABM training in 2003 – I also attended her first children’s training in 1998 before ABM was created.
I have many credentials, one of which is a 200 hour Certification in Aromatherapy.
I like to use all the tools at my command to create a safe and loving environment for children and their families.
I feel very grateful and privileged to be an Anat Baniel Method (sm) Practitioner. I love my job!!
Also, visit my page for information that I have gathered about neurology and special needs kids – a lot of information in one place!